As of July 1, 2021, some Connecticut residents that meet specific eligibility requirements are paying $0 for their health insurance coverage through Access Health CT, thanks to the new Covered Connecticut Program created by the State of Connecticut.
If you qualify, the State of Connecticut will pay your portion of the monthly payment (premium) directly to your insurance company (Anthem or ConnectiCare) and will also pay for the cost-sharing amounts that you would normally have to pay with a health insurance plan, such as deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and maximum out-of-pocket costs.
Think you may qualify? Here are 3 things residents should know about this new program:
1. You must meet all program eligibility requirements in order to pay $0 for your health insurance plan. Parents/caretaker relatives, and their tax dependents, must:
- Have a household annual income that is greater than 160%, and up to and including 175% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Have at least one dependent child in the household under age 19; Children age 18 must be a full-time student in secondary school
- Be eligible for Advance Premium Tax Credits (APTCs) and Cost Sharing Reductions (CSRs)
- Use 100% of Advance Premium Tax Credits (APTCs) and Cost Sharing Reductions (CSRs) available to them, along with the expanded American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) financial assistance
- Be enrolled in an eligible Silver Level Plan
2. If you meet the parent/caretaker relative and income requirements but are not in an eligible Silver Level plan — or are not using all financial help available to you — you will need to take action to participate in the Covered Connecticut Program. Customers that were immediately eligible for the Covered Connecticut program were automatically enrolled and informed of their new benefits by a notice mailed in a blue envelope. Some customers that need to take specific steps to confirm eligibility for this program also received a notice in a blue envelope with important next steps.
3. Access Health CT is here to help, and ALL HELP IS FREE. If you have questions about the new Covered Connecticut Program or need help with your application, we have Brokers and Enrollment Specialists ready. Get help online, by phone or in-person.
Still have questions? [More Information]