This is a Special Chance to Enroll in Health Insurance and Financial Assistance for Health-Related Expenses
Are you a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) or Direct Support Professional (DSP)? If so, you might be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, from March 15, 2023 to May 15, 2023 to enroll in health insurance through Access Health CT. Eligible PCAs and DSPs may qualify for a Premium Assistance Contribution, which is financial help provided by the state that you can use toward the cost of your Qualified Health Plan (QHP).
If you qualify, you can use this time to shop, compare and enroll in a Qualified Health Plan and/or dental coverage this year. Don’t miss this chance to enroll and get financial assistance.
How to Qualify for the Special Enrollment Period:
- You must apply for health insurance coverage through Access Health CT and be eligible to enroll. In your application, you must attest to being a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) or Direct Support Professional (DSP).
- For more information on how to qualify and apply, click here.
Before You Apply Through Access Health CT:
- Gather information about the members of your household. You will need the Date of Birth and Social Security Number for every person in your household, even if they don’t need coverage.
- Estimate your Annual Household Income for 2023 (include upcoming bonuses or raises and income from all sources, not just your PCA work).
- If you are approved for the Premium Assistance Contribution, you must return to Access Health CT to update your application.
- You must include the contribution amount as part of your annual household income for 2023.
Still have questions? Remember, all help is FREE!
Whether you have questions about your eligibility, comparing plans or need enrollment help, our team is ready and available to help
- You can enroll online, by phone or with the help of an Enrollment Specialist. See your options to get free help from Access Health CT.
- If you need a copy of your “denial letter,” also called the 1301 Eligibility Determination Notice, you can download a PDF from your online account inbox (Sign in and click “My Messages”). After you apply, this letter will arrive in your online account inbox within 1 business day, or to your mailbox in a few business days. Here is how to check your notice:
- If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your notice will explicitly state that you are not eligible for Medicaid.
- If you are not eligible for the Covered Connecticut Program, your notice will not have it listed in writing. If you are eligible, your notice will state that you are eligible for the program.
- If you don’t have an online account with Access Health CT or you need help, call us at 1-855-805-4325. Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator (we speak over 100 languages).