Affordable Health Insurance for You, Your Family or Small Business.
New to Access Health CT?
Here’s what you need to know
Access Health CT (AHCT) is Connecticut’s official health insurance marketplace, where you can shop, compare and enroll in quality healthcare plans; and is the only place where you can qualify for financial help to lower your costs, or be eligible for free or low-cost coverage through HUSKY Health (Medicaid/the Children’s Health Insurance Program or CHIP).
Since 2013 we have helped over 1 million individuals, families and small businesses get access to quality healthcare and financial help.
Is Access Health CT an insurance company?
No. Access Health CT connects you to brand-name insurance companies like Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield and ConnectiCare, and partners with the Department of Social Services to offer coverage through HUSKY Health.
The Access Health CT Difference
The only place where you can:
- Qualify for financial help to lower your costs
- See if you are eligible for free or low-cost health insurance through Medicaid/the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Compare plans that all provide coverage for a set of 10 essential health benefits. Every plan offered has coverage for some services at no cost, like preventive services (e.g. annual checkups, vaccinations), some prescription drugs, mental health, substance abuse treatment, etc.
- Find a better, and possibly less expensive option than COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) continuation coverage, if offered by your employer.
Wait, there is more!
- Compare plans and see options that consider your total costs associated with visiting your doctors, taking your prescription drugs and how often YOU use medical services
- Enroll in quality health plans from well-known insurance companies
- Compare dental plan options
- Get FREE help in over 100 languages from trained Call Center Representatives, Certified Insurance Brokers and Certified Application Counselors (CACs).
Can Anyone Enroll?
If you are a Connecticut resident who is lawfully present (U.S. citizen, by birth/naturalization, or who have a valid, current U.S. immigration status) and non-incarcerated you can enroll through Access Health CT.
Learn About Financial Help, Low Cost & Free Coverage
Benefits available only through Access Health CT!
Did you know that over 90% of our customers get some type of financial help, or are eligible for free or low-cost coverage? By including your income and household information when you apply for healthcare coverage, you can see if you are eligible. You might qualify depending on your household size, income and where you live.
Where to Start?
Choosing the Right Plan.
Access Health CT makes it easy for you to compare plan options that take into account the costs associated with visiting your doctors, taking prescription drugs, and how often you use medical services.
When choosing a plan, think about costs beyond your monthly payment (known as premium). Pay attention to your yearly deductible, co-payments, or co-insurance costs. Plans with the lowest monthly premium are not always the cheapest option for you and your family.
When Can You Enroll?
|Year-Round||Annual Open Enrollment Period|
1. If you qualify Husky Health (Medicaid/CHIP) which is the state’s public health coverage program where you can be eligible for free or low-cost coverage.
2. If you have a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) which is a time outside of the Annual Open Enrollment Period (Nov. 1 – Dec. 15). Qualifying life events include losing coverage due to job change/loss, aging off your parents’ plan, moving to CT, etc.
3. If you are an American Indian or Alaska native
4. Coverage for Small Businesses can start any month of the year.
This runs from November 1 to December 15.
During this time CT Residents can enroll or re-enroll in healthcare coverage.
Ready to Enroll?
Have this information for you or anyone in your household applying for coverage
- Dates of Birth
- Social Security numbers
- Visa, green card, or immigration documents
- Most recent W2 and/or Form 1040, Form 1099
- Current health insurance coverage
- Paystubs, Profit & Loss statements, or other employment information to confirm income for everyone in your tax household
More information here.
Let’s Talk Access Health CT for Small Businesses
Offer your employees affordable health insurance
We understand how important it is for you and other small business owners to offer your employees quality healthcare coverage. Access Health CT plans are available to small businesses that have 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees, with flexible options that make quality healthcare coverage possible — and we offer expert advice and support. Learn more or get a free quote here.
We Are Here to Help!
And all help is FREE
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com
- Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325 (we speak over 100 languages)
- Certified brokers, Enrollment Specialists or Navigators in your community
- For help with group health insurance call: 1-855-762-4928
Remember, Access Health CT connects you, or your small business to quality health insurance plans. We are here to help and guide you every step of the way so you can compare insurance options, estimate costs and choose the best plan for your needs.