If you qualify, the State of Connecticut will pay your portion of the monthly payment (premium) directly to your insurance company (Anthem, ConnectiCare Benefits Inc. or ConnectiCare Insurance Company Inc.) and will also pay for the cost-sharing amounts that you would typically have to pay with a health insurance plan, such as deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and maximum out-of-pocket costs.
Think you may qualify? Here are 3 things residents should know about this new program:
- You must meet all program eligibility requirements in order to pay $0 for your health insurance plan.Residents must:
- Have a household annual income up to and including 175% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and don’t qualify for Medicaid because of income*
- Be eligible for financial help, including Advanced payments of the Premium Tax Credit (APTC) and Cost-Sharing Reductions (CSRs), and use 100% of the financial help available to you
- Be enrolled in a Silver Level Plan
* If your household income makes you eligible for HUSKY Health/Medicaid, you will not be able to enroll in the Covered Connecticut Program. Medicaid provides comprehensive benefits, please contact the Connecticut Department of Social Services for more information.
- If you meet the income requirements but are not in a Silver Level plan — or are not using all financial help available to you — you will need to take action to participate in the Covered Connecticut Program.Customers that were immediately eligible for the Covered Connecticut program were automatically enrolled and informed of their new benefits by mail. Some customers that need to take specific steps to confirm eligibility for this program will also receive a letter from Access Health CT with important next steps.
- Access Health CT is here to help, and ALL HELP IS FREE. If you have questions about the new Covered Connecticut Program or need help with your application, we have Brokers and Enrollment Specialists ready. Get helponline, by phone or in-person.
Still have questions? [More Information]