The Open Enrollment Period for 2022 health coverage begins November 1. This is the time you can shop, compare and enroll or renew in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP). Whether you are renewing coverage or looking at insurance options for the first time, Access Health CT is here to help you understand how to enroll and what to expect during Open Enrollment.
Renewing Customers >
REVIEW YOUR INFORMATION AND UNDERSTAND YOUR RENEWAL PROCESS
Keep your account details updated to make sure your financial help for the upcoming year is correctly processed. This includes checking the estimated income in your application and understanding your renewal status.
Sign in to report changes or review current household information.
What you need to complete an application
Have this information for yourself and anyone in your household applying for coverage:
• Dates of Birth
• Social Security numbers
• Visa, green card or immigration documents
• Most recent W2 and/or Form 1040, Form 1099
• Current insurance coverage
• Paystubs, Profit & Loss statements, or other employment information to confirm income for everyone in your tax household
Learn More with Our Educational Videos
Frequently Asked Questions: Annual Open Enrollment Period
1. Who Can Enroll Through Access Health CT?
- HUSKY Health (Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Program): You must be lawfully present, and most individuals will also need to meet a five-year residency requirement. You are excluded from this requirement if you are a child or are pregnant, are a refugee/asylee, Cuban/Haitian entrant, or are a victim of trafficking. Amerasians, Iraqi, and Afghani special immigrants, deportation withheld are also excluded from meeting the five-year residency requirement. (More information)
- Qualified Health Plans: Must be a Connecticut resident, a citizen or lawful resident of the United States, and not in prison (other than pending final disposition of charges). If you are eligible or enrolled in Medicare, VA benefits, or TriCare, your ability to enroll in a QHP will depend on the type of coverage you’re being offered.
2. How do I start an application?
3. What do I need to enroll?
Enrollment Checklist: Have this information for yourself, and anyone in your household applying for insurance:
- Dates of Birth
- Social Security numbers
- Visa, green card or immigration documents
- Most recent W2 and/or Form 1040, Form 1099
- Paystubs, Profit & Loss statements or other employment information to confirm income for everyone in your tax household
NOTE: After you enroll, you may need to provide documents to confirm details in your application, like citizenship and income.
4. What should I think about when I enroll in health coverage?
Before you pick a new plan, make sure you know how our plans work and what services are covered. Keep your own needs in mind – search for your doctors, prescription drugs and expected medical services before you apply.
Use Compare Plans to take into account your preferred doctors, prescription medications, and how frequently you use medical services – then compare health plans by:
• Monthly payments (premiums)
• Cost-sharing (what you pay for services/medicines)
• Doctors (or provider), prescription drug coverage and medical use.
5. Why did my medical premium rates increase from 2020 to 2021?
The insurance companies that offer coverage through Access Health CT have issued rate increases for plans being offered in 2021. This means that if you were enrolled in a health plan in 2020 and will continue with that plan for 2021, you may need to pay more in premium per month than last year. Rate increases must be approved by the Connecticut Insurance Department.
For more information on specific rate increases, you should view the rate increase justification issued by your insurance carrier:
Anthem Individual Medical
Anthem Small Group Medical
ConnectiCare Benefits, Inc. Individual and Small Group Medical
Latest from the blog
Residents can act during a Special Enrollment Period from May 1 – October 31, 2021. Many current customers will see lower monthly bills.
As of July 1, 2021, some Connecticut residents that meet specific eligibility requirements are paying $0 for their health insurance coverage through Access Health CT, thanks to the new Covered Connecticut Program created by the State of Connecticut. If you qualify,...
Affordable Health Insurance for You, Your Family or Small Business. New to Access Health CT? Here’s what you need to know Access Health CT (AHCT) is Connecticut’s official health insurance marketplace, where you can shop, compare and enroll in quality healthcare.