How We Collect Information You Choose to Share
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, when you register on the Website for a User ID and password, we request that you provide your name and email address. If you use our Website to learn more about or enroll in one of our available plans or programs, we may request additional information from you, including additional contact information (such as your address and phone number), demographic information (such as your age, gender and annual income), your Social Security number or other government-issued ID number, information regarding your employer, and similar information about the members of your family. We may also collect similar personal information from you in person through one of our Enrollment Specialists (navigators, certified application counselors, or brokers), or at one of our in-person enrollment locations or through our call center.
We also collect information you choose to share with us via our Website’s online chat function or when you fill out a web form or contact us via email. We may also collect information you provide to us when you request assistance from us, such as assistance locating a broker or Enrollment Specialist.
How We Collect Information Automatically
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain technical and usage information. We collect such information in the following ways:
- Information Your Browser Sends to Us: When you visit our Website, the internet browser you are using may send certain information to us. Such information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, device information, and log information, such as the date and time you accessed our Website.
How We Use and Disclose the Information We Collect
We may use and disclose the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information to us, such as providing services to you and helping you determine your eligibility for participation in and enrolling in Qualified Health Plans and relevant health insurance affordability programs;
- To fulfill the purpose for which we automatically collected the information, such as for the monitoring of the Website;
- To operate, improve, and protect the security of the Website;
- To support our internal operations, including the Activities;
- To comply with applicable law and regulation;
- To communicate with you, respond to your questions or requests, and make you aware of new products, services, or programs that you may qualify for;
- To personalize content and experiences;
- To operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our Activities, services, and operations, including by using survey research and analytics tools;
- To better safeguard your personal information and to protect the integrity of the enrollment process; and
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal.
We may share anonymous information in accordance with our practices. We will not share your personal information with another entity except in limited circumstances, including:
- To employees and agents of Access Health CT with a need to know in the course of performing services on behalf of Access Health CT;
- In order to verify and supplement the personal information we receive from you, we may disclose personal information you provide to us to several state and federal government agencies, including, without limitation, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Connecticut Department of Medicaid Services and the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, as well as to private data clearing house firms:
- To service providers and vendors engaged by Access Health CT to support our services and operations;
As required by law; and
- When you consent to our disclosure of your information.
We do not sell any of your personal information that we collect through this website or otherwise receive. by Access Health CT.
Safeguards We Have Implemented to Help Ensure the Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable operational, administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the information we collect, as required by applicable law. We cannot guarantee, however, that all communications between us or information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers.
How Can You Review and Correct Your Personal Information That We Have Collected, Used or Disclosed?
You can access your User ID profile information by navigating to the Access Health CT Website and clicking Manage Your Account. To request any other personal information that we hold about you, please submit your request in writing at the email address shown below in the Contact section. When we receive an access request from an individual, we will attempt to fulfill your request within (30) days. For your security, we may request additional verification of your identity before providing any information. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to give you access to all of your personal information. This may occur, for example, where revealing personal information to you may also reveal personal information of a third party, where the information has been collected for the purposes of a legal investigation, where the provision of access to the personal information is infeasible, or when access to the personal information is prohibited by law or our policy. We make reasonable efforts to keep personal information in our possession or control accurate and complete, based on the most recent information available to us. We also, however, rely on you to keep your personal information accurate and complete. If you register with us, you have the right, and we encourage you, to view and update your registration information at any time. To update your information, please navigate to the Access Health CT website and click Manage Your Account, or email us at AHCT.Questions@ct.gov. If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, you can demonstrate in writing the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the personal information we have on you. If you successfully demonstrate that the personal information we have on you is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend it as required.
Changes to this Policy
Links to Third Party Websites and Applications
How to Contact Access Health CT
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail us at AHCT.Questions@ct.gov or call us at 1-855-805-4325. If you are deaf or hearing impaired, you may use the TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or contact us with a relay operator.
If you believe your personal information has been inappropriately obtained, used, or disclosed, you can contact the Access Health CT call center at 1-855-789-2428, which immediately notifies the Access Health CT Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer, or a designee, will contact you within forty-eight (48) hours to inform you that your complaint is being investigated. All such concerns are thoroughly investigated by the Privacy Officer, who will then contact you within fifteen (15) days to explain the results of the investigation; provided that if the investigation is still ongoing at the end of the fifteen (15) day period, the Privacy Officer will contact you and provide an update on the investigation and an estimated timeframe when the investigation will conclude. Once the investigation is concluded, the Privacy Officer will contact you and explain the results of the investigation.